When posting comments on our class blog or on your own blog, it is imperative that you abide by the following guidelines:
Remember the acronym: SKIP
- Do not indentify yourself; the idea is to remain anonymous.
- Don’t be specific when writing about yourself. E.g. say: “I play basketball with a local team” rather than “I play for the Lake Eyre Bugs.”
- Never post or share your personal information. This includes your surname, address, telephone numbers, school name, school suburb or places and dates that may identify you. Never post family and friends’ personal information either.
- Never share your class blog or individual blog username or password with anyone, except your parents and teachers.
- Share our class blog with your parents.
- Aim for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Use these conventions of writing when you post comments!
- Don’t post anything about yourself that you wouldn’t like to see posted worldwide – be sensible and mature.
- Proofread your comments carefully and think before you post.
- Always write in full sentences and words – no “text talk” please! E.g. lol, i, or u – save abbreviations and shortcuts for MSN and texting.
- Never use slang or bad language.
- Make your comments worth reading; be positive, encouraging and motivating.
- Start a conversation and contribute to others’ ideas and opinions.
- Connect with the post: stay on topic.
- No “Hi! What a great blog! Bye!” comments. Be thoughtful about the topic. Post reflective paragraphs.
- You are broadcasting your ideas and opinions to the world. Present yourself in the best possible light.
- No plagiarism! Be original – share your own ideas.
- Blogs are in a public arena – be proud of anything that you post.
- Don’t say anything that might be offensive to someone else.
- Be considerate of others. When commenting, show others that you have read what they have written rather than just saying “great job.”
- Be open to other people’s opinions. Be prepared to discuss your own position if you don’t agree.
- If you disagree, be polite about it.
- Always remain respectful and dignified.
- Never post photographs or videos of others without their permission.